We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will be your examination appointment, which allows us to get acquainted with you and determine the basic nature of your orthodontic needs. We can answer many of the questions with which you may be concerned such as:
- Is treatment necessary?
- When should it be started?
- How long will I have to wear braces?
- How much will it cost?
If the doctor recommends orthodontic treatment during your initial appointment, the next step will be to schedule a bonding appointment. At this appointment we will obtain further diagnostic information and place your braces. The additional diagnostic information, called records, is required and includes the following:
- Digital photographs of the mouth and face
- A panoramic and cephalometric film (or head) x-ray showing the relative position of the teeth and supporting structures
- An accurate set of models of the patient's teeth and surrounding structures.
After records are taken we will place your braces and wires to start aligning your teeth. The bonding appointment usually lasts 1 ½ to 2 hours.
Please fill out one of the forms below, and bring it with you to your first appointment.